While we often times emphasize how similar we are, Jamie and I actually *DO* have some differences. GASP! :O That’s why we wanted to do a Best Friends Friday where we talk about some of the things that make each of us our own person. Catch up on our rules, or what BFF actually is here.
1. Jamie’s Dance Moves > Courtney’s Dance Moves.
Jamie could probably be a back-up dancer for Lil Wayne, and I on the other hand am very “white girl can’t dance.” My body sometimes feels like a Barbie when it tries to bend.. it just doesn’t move that way. Jamie tries to coach me along, but in her absence my skills are seriously lacking.
2. Jamie is a super romantic mushy-gushy Charlotte type. I am a practical, show less-feelings kind of gal. (Maybe more of a mix of Carrie and Samantha - without the raunchiness, and definitely skipping the lesbian episodes. )
This is a good balance to have in friendship. I can bring Jamie back to reality, and Jamie can tell me when I’m not being mushy enough. Trust me, there’s times.
3. In the theme of #2, this stems many (sometimes wine induced) proclamations of love on Facebook.
I, on the other hand, don’t think I have ever made one of these mushy statuses. I like to keep things more serious.
(A reference to my apartment woes..)
4. The herbivore (Courtney) and the carnivore (Jamie)
Anyone who lets eating habits get in the way of friendship is silly. We both respect each other’s choices and would never try to persuade the other to the dark side, or the light side.. Jamie actually willingly decided to try out vegetarianism a couple years ago and it just didn’t work out for her. Only we know what’s right for our bodies and as Gina says, “different strokes for different folks.”
5. I need hugging lessons. I dance like a barbie and hug like one too. Jamie will pull anyone into a giant embrace and usually has her arm around Danny at all times. I am more about personal space over here… I’m working on it.