A few days ago I was stoked to see that Grace at your daily grace tagged us in her “Seven Facts Blog Awards”! Courtney and I decided we’d complete the task of sharing seven random facts together, although to keep it easy on you we’ll share 3 (1/2 ;)) facts each.
1. I have one younger brother, Ryan. He is 14 years old and a master in karate. Well, some type of fancy adult black belt. Either way he is ridiculously strong and I’m jealous of his six pack abs. When my mom first told me she was pregnant I ran away crying because I wanted to be the only child. (HAHA).. now I love him and miss him dearly as he still lives with my parents in Jersey. He’s pretty cool, we work out together and catch up on life every time I go home. He even did Jillian’s 30 Day Shred with me once..(“Jamie, I didn’t know this was a woman’s workout DVD..”)
2. Danny and I haven’t been dating for very long. We’ve actually only been together since August, but he is the most incredibly amazing boyfriend I could ever ask for. We are extra close because we were actually roommates BEFORE he became my boyfriend. (Scandalous) As he has been my cousin’s long-time roommate (I moved in with my cousin in August) and great friend, I have actually known Danny (and maybe had a major crush on him) for almost four years now. Nice how things work out sometimes.
3. In college, I had my very own radio show. By very own, I mean my college roommate/bff/radical home girl Jessica and I had a show together, all four years. The name: JRadical Radio. Some of my best times in college were spent in that station. We hosted from midnight-2am (wild girls we were), played whatever music we wanted, talked about WHATEVER we wanted, and even had live bands play on the set.
4. Courtney and I have been friends since Junior..or Senior? Year of high school. Before I met Courtney, I didn’t like her. This was because my mom bought me a pair of checkered (really) pants from American Eagle for Valentine’s Day, and I saw Courtney standing at her locker wearing THE SAME CHECKERED PANTS. Mean Girls, anyone? Courtney, feel free to defend yourself (and the wearing of our strange pants) here.
5. I moved to New York City on November 7th, which was exactly one day before I started my new job and coincidentally also began an entirely new career. I went from a full-time accounting job accounting in Pennsylvania to a new job in marketing with only 14 days to spare! I found my roommate on Craigslist (Hi, Tague!) and while I have heard horror stories – we got so lucky! Books have been written on how difficult it is to find an apartment in New York City – I had to have sent out hundreds of emails and quickly learned to ask the question “Is there a wall?” as the most popular answer is, “No… but you can put up a sheet.” I moved here knowing just a few friends/acquaintances here and there, but the reason I made the switch was because it has always been my dream! I had been applying to jobs for almost a year and when this opportunity finally came I knew there was no way I couldn’t take it. I’m slowly making friends (but always love to meet more! ;)) and starting to find my place in this enormous city!
6. I’ve grown up hating running. I was one of those girls who walked during the fitness tests in gym class, but I was incredibly fast at sprinting. When I went to the track meeting in high school I walked out because I found out even the sprint runners had run long distances at practice. I have had asthma since I was a child, so it has always contributed to my fear that I just couldn’t run as fast or as long as anyone else. Within the past year I have definitely “upped my game” with running thanks to Jamie’s encouragement. Last year, I played on a softball team at work, and when I realized how fast I still was at sprinting, it gave me a boost of confidence! Now, I absolutely love when I can run outside with the sun. I can’t wait for the spring because I plan to really work on my distance running so I can finally compete in a race! Here’s to hoping my knee & asthma stop holding me back, especially since one day Jamie & I will run the Disney Princess Half Marathon! (We will.)
7. Short & Sweet for the last one – I’m obsessed with the glitter nail polish I just bought from Sephora! I stare at it all day long and it makes me smile!!!😀 I actually used to make Jamie paint my nails because I wasn’t sure if I could, and only started wearing it a few years ago.
And to tag seven others as well…
1. Alyssa at a life of bLyss
2. Carrie at Moves ‘N Munchies
3. Janae at Hungry Runner Girl
4. Rach at This Italian Family
5. Kelly at Meal for Miles
6. Katie at Healthy Diva Eats
7. Mary and/or Christina at Sisters Running the Kitchen
If you aren’t in the mood to participate, it’s all good!!😀 Thanks, Grace, for sending this our way!